Survive the Savage Sea
Survive the Savage Sea
In June 1972, the 43-foot schooner Lucette was attacked by killer whales and sank in 60 seconds. What happened next is almost incredible. In an inflatable rubber raft, with a 9-foot fiberglass dinghy to tow it, Dougal Robertson and his family were miles from any shipping lanes. They had emergency rations for only three days and no maps, compass, or instruments of any kind.
After their raft sank under them, they crammed themselves into their tiny dinghy. For 37 days-using every technique of survival-they battled against 20-foot waves, marauding sharks, thirst, starvation, and exhaustion, adrift in the vast reaches of the Pacific before their ordeal was ended by a Japanese fishing boat. The Robertsons' strong determination shines through the pages of this extraordinary book which describes movingly their daily hopes and fears, crises and triumphs, tensions and heartbreaks.
Tax included in displayed price. Shopping calculated at checkout.
- UK orders are dispatched via Royal Mail at a flat rate of £4.95
- FREE delivery on UK-only orders over £50
- FREE Collection from Museum reception Monday-Friday between 10am-4pm
- EUROPE £8 for all orders
- Rest of the world £15 for all orders
Please note that shipping to some countries outside of the UK may result in import taxes or duty for which payment is the responsibility of you the customer.
When will it arrive?
We will make every effort to dispatch goods within 2 working days of an order being placed online. You will receive email notification when your order has been dispatched.
Goods are sent via Royal Mail and we hope to deliver to UK addresses within 7 days of receipt of your order, provided the goods are in stock. Should an item be out of stock we will inform you by email within 2 days.
If you have requested free collection from National Maritime Museum Cornwall, your package will be ready for collection within 2 working days. You will be informed by email.
We pack all our orders with great care; however, orders may sometimes get damaged in transit for which we bear no responsibility. Should this occur please contact us and we’ll try to resolve any issues email@example.com
We hope you are happy with your purchase.
If you would like to return your item for any reason, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can arrange an exchange or refund.
In order to accept a refund, we:
- Require proof of purchase using the original receipt.
- Goods must be unused and where possible in the unopened packaging.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
- We can offer an exchange, offer a credit note or a refund using the original method of payment.
- We will not refund the cost of return postage unless the products are faulty.
- Please ensure that you use a proof of posting certificate from the Post Office when you send your goods back, or use a service that tracks delivery. We cannot be held responsible for any returned goods lost during transit.
We offer a full refund if you have a faulty item, please email our team for assistance email@example.com
Please note that due to hygiene reasons earrings are non-refundable.
National Maritime Museum Cornwall
TR11 3QY UK